You’re fine-tuning your social media campaign constantly. Cost per acquisition is down and conversion rates are up. Getting that first order is key – but what are you doing to turn that single order into a lifetime customer?
Here are 5 tips to bring first-time customers back for more.
1. Include a thank you note.
Tell customers that you appreciate their business. But if you’re going to make the effort, make it count with a little style and class. Order stationery with your logo and handwrite the note. If your order volume is too high to warrant hand-written notes, use a hand-writing font and have it printed on uncoated stock to give it that personalized touch.
2. Step up your shipping game with packaging that customers remember.
Cheap and generic polybags and bubble mailers may save you a few pennies, but do nothing to make your brand memorable. High-quality packages reflect the quality of your products and show your customers you care about all the little details.
3. Use a rubber stamp or custom stickers.
If you want your customers to come back for more but you can’t afford custom packaging, using a rubber stamp or custom stickers on your packages can be a cheaper alternative to help you re-enforce your brand message.
4. Schedule automated email follow up.
5. Use discount codes to keep them coming back
Let’s face it, landing new accounts is costly. It is a lot less expensive to retain repeat customers with enticing promotions. Offer discount codes like:
- “Flash sale – take 20% off orders placed today”
- “Take 20% off on orders placed this month”
- “Buy one, get one free”
- “Order before 2:00 today and we will include a free gift”